“Delivery of practical consultancy services”
Rural Research and Programme Evaluation
Rural Futures can assist with the research, development and evaluation requirements of policy and programmes. Through its policy development and implementation activity, Rural Futures has an intimate understanding of the economic and environmental opportunities within rural areas. This practical knowledge, linked to its implementation experience, can provide clients with innovative solutions to their research and evaluation needs.
Consultancy support may include economic and environmental data analysis, research, one to one business surveys, environmental impact assessments and programme evaluation.
Examples of recent projects completed:
- Economic Evaluation of farm scale AD, Cheshire for Reaseheath College (2010)
- Rural Workspace Assessment for Lancashire County Council (2009)
- Research identifying the use of RDPE resources to deliver Green Infrastructure development through the use of geographic case studies on behalf of Natural Economy North West (2010)
- Assessment of tenant farmer attitudes to the delivery of agri environmental measures within United Utilities water catchment. (2009)
- Economic needs analysis for Ribble Valley District in support of Local Development Framework.(2009)
- Review North West sources of biofuel suitable for LCC fleet including waste veg oil, rape seed and biogas. (2009-2010)
- North West Regional Pathfinder Enterprise Research DEFRA (2007-2008)
- European programme evaluation.